- Sweden has one of the biggest reduction in car occupant deaths
- Electric roads of the future tested in simulator
- The Sunshine Tunnel – Routing Sunlight into Tunnels with the Help of Photovoltaic Panels
- Environmentally friendly cement free binder made from volcanic ash
- Criteria for closing mountain passes based on friction measurement and crosswind
- Reforms in vehicle registration tax can reduce CO2-emissions
- “NIFS”: Improving infrastructure to withstand natural hazards – a major R&D project for a safer society
- POTHOLES – annoying problem for road users and road administrations
Plug-in hybrid vehicles are possibly the next step in the evolution of hybrid vehicles (HEVs). They are already available as prototype and demonstration vehicles, and now a few production models are entering the market.
OFRET is a research and demonstration project, part-funded by the European Commission DG Research. The project will develop and test a methodology and a framework for the accurate calculation of the carbon footprint, considering all modes of transport in the supply chain.